07-05-23 Grow Up, Queen! How to Have Difficult Conversations
In this episode, Lora shares communication strategies for overcoming betrayal and rebuilding relationships. She provides insight about how to move from the archetype of Princess to the archetype of Queen so as ruler of your own Queendom, you can more easily get the outcome you desire. She takes a deep-dive into the nuts and bolts of having difficult conversations, whether those conversations are about finances, divorce, or infidelity.
- Preparation is key: Collect information and set a mutually agreed-upon time to have a conversation. When you ask for permission and prepare beforehand, you set yourself up for a productive and respectful conversation.
- Build in a definitive ending time: It’s important to give yourself and the person you are talking to the safety of a pre-arranged ending time. Conversations tend to devolve the longer they go. Give yourselves a break and agree to do something fun together at the conclusion of the conversation.
- Don’t keep talking about it: When the conversation is done, let it go! Avoid talking about difficult topics outside of the agreed-upon conversation time, as it doesn’t create a sense of safety or trust in the relationship.
- Remember, being a queen means taking care of yourself and those around you with elegance and grace. Growing up means learning how to do
- hard things, such as having difficult conversations in service of creating a stronger bond. Listen to the entire episode to get more insights from the speaker and let us know your thoughts!
Download your Sparkle After Betrayal Recovery Guide at www.BetrayalRecoveryGuide.com, a guide designed to help you take the first steps in feeling better, so you can reclaim your power, own your worth, and start putting yourself, and your life, back together again.
Author, speaker and Burnout & Betrayal Recovery Coach, Lora Cheadle help women rebuild their identity and self-worth so they can find the courage to claim what’s possible on the other side of betrayal.
Learn more at www.loracheadle.com and follow me across all social!
Thank you to BetterHelp for sponsoring this podcast! Take charge of your mental health and get 10% off your first month of therapy at https://BetterHelp.com/FLAUNT