Beyond the Basics Health Academy
with Dr. Meaghan Kirschling & Wendy Borhauer
Beyond the Basics Health Academy (BTBHA) is a show based on focusing on open conversation and education about various health and wellness topics. We strive to cover exciting topics and spotlight inspiring holistic health care providers. Our goal is to promote education on subjects that affect us all while opening up discussions on both allopathic and alternative health matters. The journey to health belongs to the individual, but we hope to provide motivation and direction to be part of it.
BROADCASTS WEEKLY TUESDAY 7AM & 7PMET
DR MEAGHAN & WENDY’S THEME THIS WEEK
Emotional Wellbeing at Work with Michelle McQuaid
Michelle McQuaid is a playful change activator, bestselling author, and workplace wellbeing teacher! With more than a decade of senior leadership experience in large organizations around the world, she’s passionate about translating cutting edge research from positive psychology and neuroscience into practical strategies for health, happiness, and business success. An honorary fellow at Melbourne University’s Graduate School of Education, she blogs for Psychology Today, Huffington Post and Lives Happy and her work has been featured in Forbes, the Harvard Business Review, the Wall Street Journal, Boss Magazine, The Age and more.
WE TALK ABOUT:
- She talks about as adults we have lost our ability to play and that we need to reconnect with our creativity, curiosity, and ability to play.
- It is important not to be as attached to the outcomes so that we can not be so connected to the results but the journey.
- The studies that show that we have better performance when we focus on our wellbeing at work.
- How we can improve our positive feelings at work.
- How we can focus on our strengths by building on our strengths at a time.
- Six things that we need to increase wellbeing in the workplace
- Positive Engagement. The right amount of heartfelt emotions
- Engaged. Feeling engaged in what we are doing and utilizing our strengths
- Relationships with other people have the biggest impact on our wellbeing
- Meaning. That what we are doing has some meaning and purpose
- Accomplishment and that we can achieve what matters to us most
- Health. That we have the basics of health in our job.
LINKS TO RESOURCES
- Making Positive Psychology Work Podcast
- Here is the link to the survey regarding PERMAH: http://permahsurvey.com
- Find out your character strengths at viasurvey.org
And remember Be Kind to Others, Take Care of Yourself, and Make Good Choices
BIO: Dr. Meaghan Kirschling, DC. APRN. RN. MS has both an allopathic and alternative medical background, receiving a Doctor of Chiropractic from Northwestern Health Sciences University, a B.S. in Nursing and Exercise Science from Valparaiso University, a Masters of Nutrition from University of Connecticut Bridgeport, and a Masters of Nursing in Women’s Health from University of Cincinnati. Before coming to Synapse is 2006, she worked as a floor nurse for six years in the Organ Transplant Unit at the University of Minnesota Fairview hospital. In 2010, she moved to Germany to be one of the first doctors to provide chiropractic services to military personnel overseas. At Baumholder Health Clinic, she helped create an integrative environment & worked closely with MDs, DOs, PTs, & others. She also was a faculty member for the University of Maryland during this time, & taught health science classes. http://beyondthebasicshealthacademy.com
BIO: Wendy Borhauer CHHC is a Holistic Health Coach, who studied at Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York. Wendy has a background in training and mentoring, and a passion for health and nutrition which made a natural transition into health coaching. Wendy continues to focus her learning on hormones, toxins and organics. When Wendy met, Dr. Meaghan, the final piece of the puzzle was put into place, which became Beyond the Basics Health Academy. http://beyondthebasicshealthacademy.com