04-14-21 Books, Books, Book! Summer Reading Suggestions & The 2021 Colorado Book Awards
Are you ready to snuggle in with a good book? Whether it’s a steamy beach read, a heart-pounding thriller, or getting lost in poetry, Abby Kerstetter, Programs Coordinator for the Colorado Center for the Book has got you covered!
All month long, in honor of the 2021 Colorado Book Awards, Book Bar Denver will be hosting virtual books readings and events to celebrate the winners in each category. You can attend live or on demand by registering at https://coloradohumanities.org/programs/colorado-book-awards/
Book categories and celebration dates are below. Be sure to come check back weekly as winners will be announced:
Juvenile and Young Adult Literature-
- Born Curious: 20 Girls Who Grew Up to Be Awesome Scientistswritten by Martha Freeman and illustrated by Katy Wu.
- When You Know What I Know by Sonja K. Solter.
- Midnight at the Barclay Hotel written by Fleur Bradley and illustrated by Xavier Bonet.
Young Adult Nominations:
- 10 Things I Hate about Pinkyby Sandhya Menon
- Turtle under Ice by Juleah del Rosario
- Offline by Donna Cooner
Be sure to check out Lora and Abby’s top book selections and email Lora your top choices to be included on her Best Of book list! Lora@loracheadle.com
- Young Adult: Revolution, Jennifer Donnelly
- Historical Fiction: This Tender Land, William Kent Kruger. Anything by Ken Follett, especially the Knightsbridge series.
- History: Heartbeat of Wounded Knee, David Treuer
- Anthology: Family Resemblance: An Anthology and Exploration of 8 Hybrid Literary Genres, Edited by Marcela Sulak and Jacqueline Kolosov
- Poetry: “When the Light of the World Was Subdued, Our Songs Came Through: A Norton Anthology of Native Nations Poetry”. United States Poet Laureate Joy Harjo. Dante’s Iliad and Odyssey
- Children: The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish, by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean and Wolves in the Walls.
- Science Fiction/Fantasy: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue V. E. Schwab,
- Graphic Novels: The Monstrous book series by MarcyKate Connolly
- Biography: His Truth Is Marching on: John Lewis and the Power of Hope, by Jon Meacham and Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants, by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Mystery/Thriller: Winter Counts, by David Heska Wanbli Weiden and Carry: A Memoir of Survival on Stolen Land, by Toni Jensen
Learn more about the Colorado Center for the Book and their programs for readers, book enthusiasts, and authors at coloradohumanities.org
In celebration of Lora’s Yogalesque ® trademark, ALL of her dance fitness classes are FREE, all month long! Burlesque & Bubbly – dance class and women’s circle, Fridays at 3 PST/6 EST and Yogalesque – Yoga inspired sacred movement, Sundays at 8 PST/11EST. Get the Zoom link at www.FLAUNTStudios.com
JOIN LORA every Friday from 4-5PM MST for Burlesque & Bubbly, a virtual dance class for women of all ages, sizes, and abilities! When was the last time you let your hair down, gently challenged your mind and body in new and different ways, and allowed yourself to embrace your beautiful body as it is right now, while thoroughly enjoying the moment?
First class is FREE, and subsequent classes are only $10. Learn more and get on the list at www.BurlesqueAndBubbly.com or sign up now, at https://loracheadle.com/product/burlesque-bubbly/ with discount code “DV7”
Stop Hiding and Start Flaunting You!
Follow me across all social and be sure to Join In The Conversation with me every Monday morning, at 10:30 Mountain in the FLAUNT flock Facebook group. I’d love to get social, interact, and answer your most pressing questions.
Feeling worn down and dull? Hoping for a little more sparkle, joy and enthusiasm in your day? Then sashay on over to www.NakedSelfWorth.com and download The Top 20 Things That Block Your Sparkle And What to Do About Them today!
Still want more? Of course, you do! Purchase Lora’s book, FLAUNT! Drop Your Cover and Reveal Your Smart, Sexy & Spiritual Self wherever books are sold.
Learn more about Lora here: www.loracheadle.com